Sunday, January 13, 2008

Etc., whatever.

Things have not improved since my previous depressive post. I've become mired in office politics at school. My mom claims she's in love. I'm buried under a load of work. And it's only the first week of the semester.

When I started this blog, I told myself that it would not simply be about my problems; that while it would certainly be about me and my experiences, it would not read like my high-school journals (currently being stored in my creep-tastic basement): I wouldn't "pour my heart out" in a trite, angsty way.

But sometimes, sometimes, life has no literary merit. Sometimes life really is just angst and melodrama. And one of those times is now.

So, I would simply like to say that things are glum. Everything seems to have changed, but I had very little say in any of the changes. And, when I did have a say, I was totally and completely wrong, or speaking in another language, or depressingly self-interested.

There are no safe places. And I like to have at least one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My feeling about your current situation could best (read- most humorously) be expressed in a dramatic monologue (read- song) from the Tony-Award-winning musical Ragtime.

"Let's run away to Atlantic City, let's feel the wind in our hair.
Sharing the day in Atlantic City, sea and salty air.
Let's run away to Atlantic City, no one can find us there."

marianne said...

Sounds good! Let's go.